Q: Average 10.5 mpg.

I get poor fuel economy, tried everything, yes tire inflation too. Is there a way to improve it more. I used to drive Civic and not cared about filling it up. Now, I do it much often. I'd tried disabling the traction control and noticed significantly less engine drag. The owner's manual advises against this as it can cause component damage, is this true? Can I drive w/o traction control "on" (in the city?) Is the traction tied to stability control? I want the stability control, but don't care about the traction control.

It is best to abide by the recommendations stated in the owners manual. Turning off traction control may allow more stress to be put on the vehicle and cause accelerated wear in some areas. The traction control is not directly tired to stability control, but the systems use some of the same inputs to determine how to the vehicle is reacting to driving conditions. Traction control can be turned off, but stability control generally cannot. These vehicles are big and heavy and are equipped with stout V8 engines that do consume a good amount of fuel so it may be difficult at times to keep in city fuel economy in the double digits. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the vehicle to run a few tests and determine if there is any more room for improvement on the fuel economy.