Q: At a half tank of gas my truck will start to studder and then shut off with no warning.

My ruck runs great until it reaches a half tank and then it'll start to studder when i try to give it gas and then it'll be fine then out of no where it'll just shut off. But then it starts right up when i turn the key off then back on.

This occurring at a half a tank or below, leads me to believe that the fuel pump and/or fuel pump pick up tube in the fuel tank is the culprit. If the pick up tube is cracked or broken, once the fuel level drops below the break/crack, then the pump can momentarily suck air, so to speak. This can be more apparent when making turns as the fuel will slosh around the tank. Air at the injectors will stall the vehicle or course. The pick up tube may be replaceable separately. However since the fuel pump has to be removed either way to replace the pick up, if the fuel pump is original and it were my vehicle, I would just go ahead and replace the pump while it was at it. The additional cost would out weigh the repeat labor should the fuel pump fail in the near future.

3. At a half tank of gas my truck will start to studder and then shut off with no warning.