Q: Antifreeze coming out at the base of the oil dipstick tube

asked by on March 11, 2018

When I put antifreeze in my rad it was coming out the base of the oil dipstick tube

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

That would be unusual so be sure that the antifreeze is not leaking elsewhere and then flowing to that spot. If it is coming out at that point, pull the dipstick to confirm that there is antifreeze in the crankcase. If there is, obviously there is a leak internally with the best case scenario being a leak at the intake which is repairable without too much trouble. If the leak is elsewhere, it’s probably time to rebuild the engine or replace it if the block and heads are perhaps cracked. To have the leak origin pinpointed, please request a coolant leak diagnostic and a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this promptly resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr