Q: Alright well I’ve recently changed my brake pads and drums on My Gmc and there still making a squeaking noise as its in motion

Alright well I’ve recently changed my brake pads and drums on My Gmc and there still making a squeaking noise as its in motion By the rear

If you have rear drum brakes, non OEM friction material can cause noise issues as some aftermarket pads have a high metal content. Even if the brakes are not applied, they are in close enough contact to make noise. Squeaking noise on brake application is often the metal backing plate of the shoe rubbing on the brake backing plate. It is also possible that the noise does not originate from the brake system but is due to a suspension issue. Regardless of the origin of the noise, if you request a brake noise diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Alright well I’ve recently changed my brake pads and drums on My Gmc and there still making a squeaking noise as its in motion