Q: Air conditioner squeaks and only works on high

I can't open the driver's side door, and the air conditioner squeaks and only works on high.

A: Hello. A squeaking AC is a common sign of a...

Hello. A squeaking AC is a common sign of a faulty blower motor. A common sign of a bad blower motor resistor is the AC only working on high. I suggest having a certified technician evaluate the AC system to determine if those common component failures are causing your issue. A jammed door is usually caused by a broken door lock actuator. The actuator is made with springs that stretch out too much or break overtime. In some cases, the springs can be replaced and the actuator itself can be re-used. It is extremely hard too access and see the actuator while it's on the car. To determine if the actuator can be re-used, it must be removed from the vehicle and inspected. A certified mechanic will inspect the door issue and repair any failing parts.