Q: Accelerator doesn't respond

About a week ago I got stuck in traffic cus my accelerator was not responding, I got a mechanic to check it and it was fine. Next day the same problem, the mechanic serviced the throttle and it was fine. 2 days later it happened again(check engine light on all this while), he changed the throttle and it happened again, we have changed 3 control boards and it seems to be fine only to have the same problem after a few hours? Can anyone help? The error codes read are in relation to the throttle, but the same problem is surfacing with the check engine light on

Hi there, Your car’s throttle control system is comprised of a few different components that all work together to control the throttle as you press on the gas pedal. The foot pedal position sensor relays the position of your foot on the pedal to the car’s ECM which then transmits this in the way of a signal to the throttle control actuator. When the gas pedal is depressed, the electrical resistance of the potentiometers inside the pedal sensors change. The control module notes the change in position and assumes the driver wants to go faster. The module then looks at other sensor inputs (such as engine RPM, engine load via the MAP sensor, possibly even vehicle speed and which gear the transmission is in) and calculates how much throttle opening is needed. The module then sends a command to the electric motor on the throttle body to open the throttle a certain amount. In your case it sounds like you may have already changed the control module. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car to properly diagnose what may be causing your throttle to fail.

3. Accelerator doesn't respond