Q: Trouble code P0101

Have a p0101 once hot acceleration slow and oil pressure drop won't get above 20 mph no shifting. Pulled dipstick to check oil level and white smoke/ steam comes out. Oil level in safe zone and not low.

Hello.

P0101 is the trouble code for a problem with the mass airflow sensor and or circuit. This code is thrown when the computer detects an issue with the signal of the MAF sensor. The MAF sensor is one of the most important sensors of the engine management system, and can cause all sorts of performance issues when it fails.

In regards to the the oil pressure and steam issue, it may be possible that the oil you are using may be too light, and thinning out excessively when the engine warms up. I would recommend trying heavier grade oil in the engine, especially if the vehicle has reached high mileage.

You should have your vehicle inspected by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your trouble code further and make an accurate repair.

3. Trouble code P0101