Q: Acceleration issue?

When I floor the gas pedal first gears wraps out to about 5,000 rpm, then the car loses power and drops to 1,000 rpm it almost feels like it's bogging out and going to die, then will pick back up after 2-3 seconds. It doesn't happen always, but most of the time it does.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. It seems the tra...

Hi, thanks for writing in. It seems the transmission is not shifting out of first gear then jumps straight to drive missing second and third gears. The most common cause for this is that is the shift solenoids are causing the problem. The transmission would need to be tested by a mechanic to verify the problem and diagnose the failure.

If you would like a technician to look at your car, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.