Q: AC Squeaking/not blowing as hard.

When I turn on the AC, there is a high pitched squeaking noise and the AC doesn't seem to be blowing as hard as usual. This is very apparent on the '1' fan setting.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help.

What you are hearing is the blower motor in the dash bearing going bad, likely from not having lube in the bearing. You may need to replace the blower motor and then make sure the A/C drain is not clogged and that water doesn't drip out of the drain when the A/C is running. This will make sure the blower motor does not get flooded with water.

If you would like help inspecting this issue, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this for you, and make any repairs as needed.