Q: AC compressor clutch doesn't stay engaged

Recently replaced the high pressure hose assembly recently and recharged. Blows cold until i get to either a high speed or high rpm and the clutch fails to engage and there is no more cold air. Is the clutch bad or a bad relay?

This would require more testing with the pressure gauges to see if the A/C system cuts out due to low pressure on the low side of the A/C or high pressure on the high side. The most common problem is the low pressure switch on the accumulator not cycling back in to re-engage the compressor. The switch can be unscrewed and replaced without discharging the A/C system. If you’d like to have this looked at, a local expert from YourMechanic can inspect and repair the A/C system for you.

3. AC compressor clutch doesn't stay engaged