Q: Q: ABS Light

ABS light occasionally comes on. Owners manual says pull over shut off engine and restart. It resolves issue temporarily. This happened last Saturday. It happened again today. What can be causing this? My brakes are fine. I don't see any evidence of brake fluid leaking. The Brake light has never come on while driving. What might be causing this to happen? Thanks for your help.

Hello, It sounds like you may have some faulty wheel speed sensors. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

3. Q: ABS Light