Q: 4X4 module bolt removal

Hi, I am replacing a bad 4X4 shift module located behind the glove box. The front bot is easy to get to but there appears to be a second back bolt that I can't fit wrench or socket to access it. There is a 4 wire harness to the left that is blocking it. Can you advise on how to get to that back bolt? Thank you!

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. You may have to remove the air ducting to the A/C to gain access to the bolt. All you need to do is remove two bolts to the air duct and you can move it some to get a socket with an extension on it to get the bolt out. You also may have to push the wiring harness out of the way to gain access to the bolt. If you need further assistance removing the 4x4 shift module, then have a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, guide you through this repair.

3. 4X4 module bolt removal