Q: 2013 CR-V EX-L. P0304 code. It is not the spark plugs or the coils. One of the wires of the connector to the 4th coil is open.

Received error code P0304 code. Tested the spark plugs, they were all okay, replaced them anyway. Swapped coils around, all coils are fine. The issue is somewhere between the connector to the 4th coil and elsewhere. I tested for resistance on the three wires that make up the connector and noticed that I had no reading on one of the wires, the black one. I tried testing the wires of the other three connectors, and all wire received some sort of reading. This is the extent of my research and testing. My car repair knowledge is very limited.

I would suggest going online and getting a wiring diagram for your vehicle. Most of the time, the coil wires will trace back to the control module. You can do a continuity, or resistance, test to figure out where the wire is broken, or what is causing the problem. I would suggest putting one probe on the connector and just start tracing the wire back until you find the break/short. Keep in mind, that if the wiring checks out, it is possible that there could be a problem with the control module itself. If this is something that you feel you could use a hand with diagnosing/repairing, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com.

3. 2013 CR-V EX-L. P0304 code. It is not the spark plugs or the coils. One of the wires of the connector to the 4th coil is open.