Q: 2012 Buick Lacrosse with eassist shut of when I come to a stop. I tried driving with gas and break to keep the engine running but

asked by on March 18, 2018

2012 Buick Lacrosse with eassist shut of when I come to a stop. I tried driving with gas and break to keep the engine running it cause it to over heat. The car runs like it is almost out of gas when it does idle

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Except when operating your car during very hot, or very cold, weather conditions, with eAssist the engine is supposed to completely shut down at stops. Once the brake pedal is released, or you press the accelerator pedal, the engine starts back up again and provides power. The 2012 LaCrosse Owner’s Manual describes the normal operation of the eAssist feature on your car and you can review that description (see foregoing link to manual) to see if the eAssist feature is operating normally on your car. Once the engine starts up, that is once the car is moving, if you are not experiencing smooth engine operation, the recommended service is a rough idle diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will check your eAssist system and also address any engine problems, if any exist. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.