Q: 2010 Volkswagen Beetle Base 5 Cyl 2.50L Preventive Maintenance Fuel Filter- MIA or Doesn't have one Purchased a used 2010 VW b

asked by on June 06, 2017

2010 Volkswagen Beetle Base 5 Cyl 2.50L

Preventive Maintenance Unfollow

Fuel Filter- MIA or Doesn't have one

Purchased a used 2010 VW beetle- 2.5L Engine code BPR- Wanted to replace fuel filter- found numerous sources showing location and possible types of filter. Raised vehicle and found no filter anywhere in the vicinity . I located the fuel and breather lines but no sign of filter or bracket mount. I had similar experience trying to replace the cabin filter- after pulling top of dash-it didn't have one - or a mount either. Any ideas? I would still like to try to add a filter and any ideas for that would be appreciated too. I know the fuel filter options Standard-2 connection and Pressure regulated - 3 connections. Thanks !

According to the listings, there are two engine codes - BPR and BPS. Those equipped with the BPS engine have the fuel filter located under the vehicle, just ahead of the passenger side rear wheel. The BPR equipped vehicles have an internal fuel filter. The filter is located inside the fuel tank. This requires removing the rear seat to access the service plate to the top of the fuel tank for fuel filter and/or fuel pump replacement. Replacing this fuel filter can be messy and dangerous so if you’re uncertain about doing it yourself, have a certified technician replace it. As for the cabin air filter in the later model year Beetles, the filter is located under the passenger side of the dash. There is a felt-like trim panel that you just pull down. The cabin filter is located behind the cover closer to the firewall. There are tabs on either side of the panel that you squeeze and pull the cover down. The filter is located vertically inside there. You just pull it down towards the floor. Hope that helps.