Q: 2006 Pontiac GTO not always starting up

I got in my car to start it up a few days ago. I turned the key and it started with no problem. The car stayed running. Then a few days later when I turned the key nothing happened. It didn’t start. My dashboard was working though. Then after turning my key a few times it started up and stayed running. Do you have any idea what might be wrong with my car? Do you think it’s my batter terminals?

With the rise of any electrical problem in a battery operated system, the first place to check is the health of the battery and integrity of the terminal connections. These connections at the battery must always be clean and tight. Your symptoms are also similar to a vehicle with a failing starter or ignition circuit. If you’d like to have this starting issue diagnosed, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to unveil the fault.