Q: 2006 Kia Sedona it started losing power to the radio in the car then it wouldn't accelerate then died. We couldn't jump it

My van started to not start and we did a little research and realized if we take out the alternator fuse (I think its an alternator fuse. It's a big 3 prong fuse) and put it back in it start up again. This has been happening for awhile now, but can't find the fuse at any store around us because it's a 3 prong and no one has it. Today the van lost power to the radio and slowly wouldn't accelerate anymore until it just stopped. When we tried to turn it on again it would just click. We tried to jump start it and it started up at first, but no matter how far down I pressed the gas it wouldn't accelerate. When I put my foot on the break it just died. We got it towed back to our house and the tow truck driver hooked something up to it and actually drove it up onto his bed, but when we tried to start it to turn it around it wouldn't start.

Hi there. This problem with the fuse seems to be more common with early 2000 Kia and Chrysler V6 engines and it still baffles mechanics as to why it occurs. The first thing that usually causes this issue is a malfunction in the fuse box or a faulty electrical relay that is causing the fuse to the starter relay to be damaged. Although you are correct that its hard to find these fuses, the right way to diagnose this problem is to determine why the fuse is breaking in the first place. The way this is accomplished is by having a professional mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection or car is hard to start inspection. Whether or not both issues you’re experiencing are related to the fuse or relay is hard to say for certain, but the onsite inspection should resolve these issues and pinpoint the root cause so the right repairs can be made.

3. 2006 Kia Sedona it started losing power to the radio in the car then it wouldn't accelerate then died. We couldn't jump it