Q: 2006 Crown Victoria Rough idle and doesn’t day starter unless on the gas

Car starts like normal. But if not on the gas turns off. And when on the gas at a set position the rpms jump

There’s possibly an issue with the idle air control, throttle position sensor, and/or the mass air flow sensor. The first thing to do is check for OBD-II trouble codes. If no trouble codes have been stored, then a real time scanner is used to view actual engine operation conditions. What you are describing is resolvable though and so I recommend you simply request a stalling diagnostic and a certified mechanic will come right to your location and resolve it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. 2006 Crown Victoria Rough idle and doesn’t day starter unless on the gas