Q: 2005 suzuki florenza shudders and stalls as i decelerate coming to a stop.

My 2005 Suzuki Florenza sometimes shudders and cuts off when I come to a stop. I can feel it losing power as I approach the stop and pumping the gas does nothing but make it cut off. It starts back and I can continue but it is inconvenient and scary. I have cleaned the throttle box and replaced the fuel pump, but the problem still exist. It seems to be a fuel problem instead of a electrical one. Can you help me?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a dirty or failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and at idle. This valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer and will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. This is also an important function when starting the motor as it allows the motor to run and idle on it’s own once the motor fires. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed with the help of the idle air control valve making the transition from a higher RPM back down to idle speed while adjusting the air/fuel ratio constantly to allow this to happen smoothly. When the engine RPM drops below the normal range of about ~800 RPM, this often times will cause the engine to stall indicating a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your idle air control valve.

3. 2005 suzuki florenza shudders and stalls as i decelerate coming to a stop.