Q: 2001 nissan maxima refuse to pick up speed while pressing gass

Refuse to pick up speed while pressing the gas?

The first thing to do is see if any diagnostic trouble codes have set. If so, those will typically lead to a resolution, once they are followed up on. If no codes, then typically the cause of no acceleration will be found in throttle body faults (throttle position sensor, electronic throttle controls, mass airflow sensor, torn air intake hose), worn out spark plugs, faulty fuel pump or restricted fuel system, and large vacuum leaks (including EGR malfunctions, PCV system, leaking intake manifold, leaking EVAP purge valve). A scan tool would be used to look at real time conditions within the engine (particularly fuel trim, throttle position, etc.) and identify the root cause. If you want these diagnostic tests performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a loss of power inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2001 nissan maxima refuse to pick up speed while pressing gass