Q: 04 Nissan altima knocking and dripping oil

Brought an 04 Nissan altima in August.. Was leaking a little oil but but not a lot car started knocking and shaking a little on Wednesday, put in a quart of oil stick was bone dry.. Added 3 quarts yesterday car cut off while running, now after putting 3 quarts in stick Is dry and all oil gone leaking out a drip every 5-6 seconds.

This doesn’t sound good. If the engine is loosing oil that fast there is a serious problem. If you have driven the car while it was very low on oil, the damage will be greater still. The engine has to have oil pressure while it is running or the sliding surfaces inside will destroy themselves in short order and your only options will be replacing the engine or replacing the car. Before trying to drive the car any further, you should have it checked out by a pro. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Altima and let you know what are the best next steps.

3. 04 Nissan altima knocking and dripping oil