Having a car is essential for most Pennsylvania residents. In order to use the roadways of this great state, you will need to make sure that your car is registered with the Pennsylvania DMV. Each year you will need to make sure that you have this registration renewed in order to reduce the chance of getting a ticket. The Pennsylvania DMV will make it easy to remember when this is due because of the notice they will send you in the mail. After you have received this notice, you will be able to start the process of figuring out which renewal method is best suited for your needs. Here are some of the ways that you will be able to renew your registration when it is time.
Visiting the DOT website for online renewal
One of the most convenient ways that you will find to renew your registration is by doing it online. You will have to go to the PennDOT website to get this process started. Once there, here is what you will need to do:
- Enter in the first eight digits of the title number
- Put in the license plate number in
- Provide the insurance information
- Enter the odometer reading
- Print the registry that you get once paying the fees you owe
Going in person or by mail
If you would prefer to go into the DMV office to renew your registration, you will have no problem doing so. In order to perform this renewal, you will need to bring in the following items:
- The renewal notice that the Pennsylvania DMV sent in the mail
- A completed Request of Registration form
- The payment for the fees that you owe
If you would rather mail in this information, you can do so by following the information on the notice that has been sent to you in the mail.
The fees to pay
The following are the fees that you will have to pay Pennsylvania in order to renew your registration:
- Passenger vehicles will cost $36 to renew
- Motorcycles will cost $18 to renew
You will need to check with your country to find out if you have to get an emissions test. For more information on the registration renewal process, be sure to visit the Pennsylvania DMV website.