Q: Would a coolant temperature sensor cause the car not to start

They checked everything from starter alternator fuel pump is good cut the crank position sensor make the car not start temperature sensor make the car not start

A coolant sensor is capable to give a temperature feedback from neg 40 degrees to above 280 degrees. If the sensor is reading too high of temperature when compared to the ambient air temperature sensor when first started then the computer would see it as a problem and turn on the check engine light an go into failure management mode and use a known good reading. The sensor will not cause a no start. It could cause a hard start and a rich or lean condition only.