Q: Worn camshaft ?

I have a 1986 chevy truck .. i've been told the camshafts' tend to be weak .. Is this True ? It won't start.. could it be from a worn cam?

Hi there. To be honest, any cam that is more than 30 years old is most likely going to show signs of significant wear and tear. In general, GM small block camshafts are fairly good in regards to maintaining their integrity. However, like any other internal engine component, the care and maintenance of the engine will determine the overall performance of the camshaft. If your truck is not starting, it is less likely going to be an internal engine component that is causing this failure. It is more likely that you have an ignition system failure or fuel system problem that is causing this issue.

3. Worn camshaft ?