Q: Q: Won't shift warm

Transmission shifts fine when cold but doesn't want to shift when it warms up. 2000 Mazda MPV 2.5 engine 6 cyl

Hello. There are multiple things that could cause such transmission slippage. A more frequent cause of transmission slippage is low,old or contaminated transmission fluid. There is a transmission control module reprogramming procedure available from the Mazda dealership. I suggest that you call the Mazda dealership and ask them if the flash is required for your vehicle. This procedure should be done at no cost from Mazda. Most transmission slippage often sets a code in the transmission control module for a technician to retrieve to help further ID the cause . There could be a faulty sensor causing the slippage such as a transmission range sensor or shift solenoid which will set codes if they malfunction. I believe that the root of your slippage will be caused by faulty transmission fluid. Transmission fluid has to be at a certain thickness to create the hydraulic pressure needed for shifting. Overtime transmission fluid with naturally thin which could cause improper shifting. I suggest to call the dealer about the reprogramming, have a technician check the computer for codes, and check the condition of the transmission fluid. Completing these three things should help you find a solution to your problem.

3. Q: Won't shift warm