Q: Wipers seem to not be connected to motor so where is motor located?

I can move the wipers by hand so appears not connected to motor but I hear something humming when turn the switch on

2013 Elantra Ltd.

Hi there:

It’s possible that the wiper motor is working fine; especially if you can hear the motor running when you activate the switch. It’s possible that the wiper motor attachment housing is damaged; which are located under the dashboard, poke through the hood and attach to the wiper arm. The problem could be with the wiper arms being stripped as well. To solve this problem, you might want to contact a mobile mechanic to have them complete a wipers are not working inspection first; so they can pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend the right repairs.

3. Wipers seem to not be connected to motor so where is motor located?