Q: Windows just stopped working

The windows would stop working at times, then one day stopped all together. I replaced relay fuse, but still nothing. I didn't hear and sounds but my wife said that she smelled bring wires or something like it one night while getting something out of the car. A few days later they went out all at the same time. Can someone please help?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing to consider is the way the vehicle is wired. Often the power for the windows is routed through the driver’s switch, and then sent to the other doors. Meaning that if the driver’s switch has failed, none of the other windows is going to work. This makes the driver’s master switch the first thing you should check. The burning smell can unfortunately come from any wires in the car. While is would seem they are related to the window circuit, that circuit has many feet of wire. Start at the switch and check it for any obvious damage or signs of melting or heat. Then work your way down the circuit until you find where the damage has occurred. It is likely between the fuse box and the driver’s switch. For more help with this electrical testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.