Q: Window regulator stopped working

The window regulator on the passenger side suddenly stopped working. When I took it to the dealership I was told they had changed a switch, a motor, and disassembled the whole front door. It took them over 2 weeks to repair it. They claimed that the high humidity levels in our state had killed it. In your professional opinion, do you agree with that?

A: If they blamed it on high humidity, then I ...

If they blamed it on high humidity, then I would not believe this. It was most likely that the motor was not protected from rain or water entry, and got contaminated when the water ran into the door. Why it took two weeks to fix a window problem is a question I would have asked them. If high humid conditions are a problem, then many of their cars in the state will be exhibiting multiple problems. If you are still having problems with the window, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the window issue and make necessary adjustments and repairs.

Recommended services
Get a Quote