Q: Will the failure of the fuel/air ratio sensor affect the starting of my wife's Toyota?

My wife's car's engine light came on recently. Took it into the dealer and they had to replace the oxygen sensor. 2 weeks later the engine light came on again. We took it to the dealer (120 miles away) and he said it was the fuel/air ratio sensor this time. They didn't have one in stock so we have to wait for one. Dealer said it would run ok until they replaced it however, this morning, (it was -9 Celcius) the car won't start. It turned over for along time but won't start. Is this a result of the sensor failing? It has started in -30 weather without being plugged easilly. Also, the battery is less than a year old. Not sure how to proceed now.

3. Will the failure of the fuel/air ratio sensor affect the starting of my wife's Toyota?