Q: Will run and drive but when revved or after stopping with drop idle and die

It drives fine and acts fine when in motion, but when sitting and idling if revved and let off it will drop below and back up to normal idle a couple of times and then die or after driving as soon as it stops it will die.

A: The engine idle is controlled by the thrott...

The engine idle is controlled by the throttle plate opening and the idle air control valve. I recommend having them both cleaned of any carbon build up and having the idle relearned. This should help with the idle being erratic.

I would also recommend checking and cleaning the mass air flow sensor and air filter. Make sure there are no air leaks between the mass air sensor and throttle body. I’d suggest getting your vehicle looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your stalling issue and make the necessary repair to your vehicle.