Q: Will not turn over

I was installing the battery the negative was hooked up while tightening the positive I hit the car body with the ranch and it cracked a little bit I have lights and all dash lights no fuses are blown but the car will not turn over what could possibly be wrong?

Hi, thanks for writing in. In many instances when this occurs, the problem is the actual battery cables themselves. When the battery is "stimulated" with the wrench to the body or other metal components not grounded, it can cause the battery cables to become damaged. However, it could also be that an error code has been triggered that needs to be downloaded and reset by a professional mechanic with a digital scanner. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.