Q: Will an 94 jaguar xjs alternator fit and work on an 94 jaguar xj6

I just purchased an alternator for my 94 jaguar xj6 but the alternator is for an 94 jaguar xjs. I was wanting to know if the 94 jaguar xjs alternator fix or work the same for the 94 jaguar xj6

The XJ6 uses a 120 amp alternator (AC Delco 334-1203) while the XJS uses a 115 amp alternator (AC Delco 334-1859). The terminal connections on the two alternators are NOT in the same position. Inasmuch as the part numbers for the two applications are different, the parts are considered to be not interchangeable. As a practical matter, if the pulley is IDENTICAL in EVERY respect and the pulley is in the IDENTICAL position in the serpentine drive belt circuit (same plane!, same position), and the alternator fits the frame, you can probably use it without ill effect. However, if the alternator is returnable, the optimal solution and the recommended practice is to return it and buy the actual part required in the catalog. If you desire alternator relacement by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request alternator service and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.