Q: Will a sp350 turn key engine work with a Hydra Matic 4L65-E transmission

I'm doing a rebuild of a 1959 Chevy C10 street build and im new to building and i just wanted to know if all of the new lines of Chevy engines work will all there new transmissions.

I am going to say yes to a sp350 bolting up to a 4L65-E transmission. Here is some documentation to help you with your project. Good choice on motor.

As for all the new motors and transmissions, this is a hard question to answer. Most likely, because GM tends to make everything compatible, it is likely they will all bolt up to each other. The exception is the computer control systems. Even if they bolt up, if the PCM is programmed for a different transmission, this will cause problems. There is more than one consideration here, and I am not aware of any resource that can answer for sure. I recommend researching the specific motor and transmission set you are thinking of to make sure before you buy.

That being said, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that any automatic transmission built for a GM V8 will bolt up to any other GM V8. Manual transmissions are a different story. But usually you can buy the appropriate bell housing for the set up you choose. It won’t be the motor size that is different. Each transmission will have a different bolt pattern. If you want a second opinion on this, seek the assistance from a certified mechanic who can help assure that this installation is done correctly.

Good luck.

3. Will a sp350 turn key engine work with a Hydra Matic 4L65-E transmission