Q: Why is my power steering fluid bubbling up a bright orange fluid? Is that rust?

asked by on August 08, 2017

My power steering was getting hard to turn. I added ATF to it as recommended by the AutoZone guys. Now, the resuivour bubbles a bright orange fluid and has gotten hard to turn again. Did I screw it up ?

Hi there. Unfortunately, basic ATF is not the recommended power steering fluid for your 1998 Toyota Camry. The power steering fluid that is recommended for your vehicle is either Dexron II or Dexron III. It’s likely that the wrong fluid has been used. To correct this, you can have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to flush the power steering fluid. This should resolve your problem.