Q: Why is my brake pedal going all the way down to the floor?

When I start braking everything seems normal, but the more pressure I put on the pedal the farther down the pedal goes, at one point it will just drop to the floor. My brake light came on, and I checked the fluid and I was low. So I added more brake fluid, the light went off but the pedal continued to hit the floor. Why is it doing that? I know generally that brake pedals shouldn't hit the floor, and it seems when I pump the brakes it's ok for a few seconds, then the pedal just drops.

If you are having to refill the brake fluid from it getting low and the brakes go to the floor means you have a leak in the brake system somewhere. You may have a broken brake line, leaking wheel cylinder or caliper. You should not drive the vehicle until the brake system is inspected and repaired from the leak.

3. Why is my brake pedal going all the way down to the floor?