Q: Q: Abs light randomly coming on.

The abs light is on among the traction control light and a picture of a car slipping with the word off under it ..then a message saying hill assistance off and service trac

Hi There, It sounds like your ABS and traction control systems are being engaged for one of two reasons. Either your car’s system has detected driving conditions that warrant this type of assistance to control the car or your systems are malfunctioning which can happen when the wheel sensors are faulty. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

3. Q: Abs light randomly coming on.