Q: Q: Why are my ABS and brake lights on

The brake system kept getting hard and loose, then one day the front wheels looked up on us and now it hardly brakes when flooring. We see some wet spots near the master cylinder on the valves I think around the bolts. We have no way of taking it down the mountain so would like to know what we need to fix it? Thanks

Your ABS light is on for a reason - and you have some scary symptoms that underscore that the problem is real. Your Suburban is a pre-OBD II model, so you either need a code reader capable of reading ABS codes on this truck, or you can extract them yourself. Take a paper clip, bend it so that one end goes in the "A" position of the Assembly Line Diagnostic Link (flat wire connector under the dash), and the other end of the clip goes in the "H" position. Turn the ignition to "On" only. The ABS light will start flashing a 2 digit code. Google search this code (GM ABS xx), which should provide some guidance on what’s wrong with your ABS. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Q: Why are my ABS and brake lights on