Q: A.I.R. pump is missing in my car

So my car has a p0410 code for the secondary air injection system but the thing is that the whole system has been removed prior to me purchasing the vehicle. I would like to know if there is any other components required to install this system again in order to pass emissions. if i purchase the air pump with all the mounting hardware and dampers, would i have to purchase anything else or is there another hose or check valves that i would have to consider? A full thorough runthrough of what i need to get the system going again would be wonderful!

Hello. The A.I.R. system is an emissions system that is designed to inject air into the exhaust manifold to help with the combustion of any unburned fuel before it reaches the catalytic converter, resulting in cleaner emissions.

In order to reinstall the A.I.R. system on your vehicle you will need a few different parts. Aside from the A.I.R. pump, you will also need the diverter or check valve, along with the tubing that sends the air to the exhaust.

I would recommend visiting a dealership or shop for the vehicle specific diagrams and parts list required for a successful installation. However, if you’d like a second opinion, have one of our mobile technicians come to you and inspect the emissions system firsthand.

Also keep in mind that without the A.I.R. system the vehicle will likely fail a smog check, which may prevent the vehicle from being registered in some states, so be wary of your local laws and regulations.

3. A.I.R. pump is missing in my car