Q: My 2007 Nissan Altima is not accelerating properly... when I punch gas the rpms go up but the car doesn’t accelerate

Car rpms go up but car won’t accelerate. Rpms go up to 6, but speed will be at 20mph...There is a winding noise while this happens... I have had one O2 sensor replaced... my engine light has been on for about a month

It sounds like a problem with your transmission. It may not be shifting out of first gear. This could be due to any number of issues but may have something to do with the check engine light on your dashboard. You’r transmission is computer controlled and if the computer sees a fault, it will light the CEL and store codes to indicate where the problem lies. What you need is to have a technician scan the car for codes and take is for a test drive to decide what needs to be done. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Altima and let you know what is the solution.

3. My 2007 Nissan Altima is not accelerating properly... when I punch gas the rpms go up but the car doesn’t accelerate