Q: White smoke coming from engine and into the car from vents upon starting the car and then clears.

2008 kia Rio is smoking from under the hood and out into the cab if the car. But just when starting and then it clears. Also will not go above like 20 or 30 miles an hour. We just replaced the catalect converter, the ignition coils and spark plugs. We got the codes read at the auto store. One says multiple misfires. One says system to rich and two say that 2 and 4 are not firing at all. I'm trying tie avoid going to a mechanic if I can do the work with my husband but we are stumped right now. Help please.

2008 Kia Rio Base

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, Check the fuel system on your engine to see if the fuel pressure regulator is working properly. It seems that either the fuel pressure regulator is putting a higher pressure on the fuel injectors or the cylinders 2 and 4 have an issue with a leaking injector or an issue with the engine. To verify that the engine is sealed internally or not, get a compression gauge and test all the cylinders with all of the spark plugs out. If the compression is good on all 4 cylinders, then the problem is with the fuel injectors. If the compression is low on cylinder 2 and 4 and high on cylinder 1 and 3, then there could be a burned valve on the two cylinders, pistons could be stuck and not expanding on both cylinders, or the head gasket is split causing the combustion gasses to either enter the cooling system or the oil system. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you if you are unable to repair the engine.