Q: while driving at speed above 40mph i feel humming sound from real which die down on appling break.

asked by on August 27, 2016

while driving at or above 40mph in my Hyundai Santa Fe i feel some sort of Humming sound from real and on applying breaks or dropping speed it is not heard ,please let me know what could be this issue .Thanks

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $550.03 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Thanks for writing in about your Hyundai Santa Fe. From what you’ve described, it sounds like it may be from the rear wheel bearings. When the rear brakes are applied, the brakes will quiet the noise down. Have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, road test the car to verify the noise and ensure it’s coming from the wheel bearings. You’ll be able to make an accurate repair from there.