Q: Whether to replace one or two or four tires.

I have a tire that cannot be fixed and needs replaced. My tires have 6/32 tread still on them. Should I get two new tires - replacing the bad tire - putting them on the front, get four new tires, or just replace the bad tire?

Your tires have quite a bit of tread left on them. If the tires are worn irregularly or if they have a datecode indicating they are 10 years old or older, then they should be replaced. Otherwise, you need only replace the one damaged tire. Tires with the best tread should always be mounted on the rear axle (not the front) because that promotes vehicle stability during adverse conditions. If you desire a tire inspection performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a tire inspection and wear diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get your concerns addressed and resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.