Q: Where would i see signs of leakage from a faulty fuel pressure sensor?

I have a 2012 Nissan Juke. It started having trouble accelerating. It would cut out when I would go to take off. But only at high RPMs like right before shifting gears. It gradually got worse. Now my car will not accelerate above 3500 RPMs. Torque meter will only go three fifths of the way before I cannot pick up any more speed. It will not go above 3000 RPMs period it's like it just flattens out. I'm having trouble starting my car. I use an OBD2 sensor and the codes it gave were p0090 and p0087 period which indicates low fuel pressure in the rail. I took the intake manifold off and got down to the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail but I see no signs of leakage. The only sign I see that could possibly be leakage is on the back of the intake manifold. What do signs of leakage look like and where would I find them? Thank you.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing you want to do is check the electrical connections to the fuel pressure regulator. If the regulator is connected securely, there are no electrical wires exposed or damaged, and it looks dry, then you are likely looking at a failed pressure regulator. If the diaphragm inside is leaking and regulating the fuel, you would see no signs on the exterior. If you were looking an electrical fault with the unit itself, you would also see no physical signs. The only way to test the electrical side of the sensor is with a quality scan tool or a voltmeter. With that being said, if doing this repair at home without tools to test, you are going to have to replace the fuel pressure sensor and test drive the vehicle. For more help with testing or replacing the unit, contact our service department.

3. Where would i see signs of leakage from a faulty fuel pressure sensor?