Q: Losing coolant on a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500

I have an O3 Dodge Ram 1500. I'm losing coolant at a slow but noticeable rate. I've done a pressure test professionally but it came back fine. No trouble closing the cap, it's new. Where could I be losing coolant?

A: If it’s been pressure tested it shows no le...

If it’s been pressure tested it shows no leaks, the odds are that it’s burning. In your case, it’s almost always a head gasket that is starting to blow. I’ve got a video called "How to Tell If Your Head Gasket Is Blown". It’s a simple test, you can buy a kit on the Amazon yourself if you want to for 39 bucks, like I did. You place the kit it in where the radiator cap goes and pour in a blue fluid. During the test, if the blue fluid turns yellow, it means that the head gasket is blown. I’d start by trying this test if I were you.

If you realize that you’ve got to spend a whole bunch of money fixing it, you might even think about getting rid of the truck because you are going to spend thousands fixing it if the test turns out positive. I’d recommend having a certified mechanic run the test for you to pinpoint your coolant problem and accurately give you a diagnoses.