Q: Where is crankshaft position sensor located on 2010 Vw Tiguan 2.0T

I bought a crankshaft position sensor but I can’t find it in order to replace it. Engine is 2.0t.

The crankshaft position sensor should be located right next to the crankshaft pulley and harmonic balancer. A crankshaft position sensor is an electronic device used to monitor the position or rotational speed of the crankshaft. This information is used by engine management systems to control the fuel injection or the ignition system timing and other engine parameters. When this is faulty or not working properly, this will cause problems with the ignition system and generating spark transmission to the spark plugs resulting in starting problems and other performance issues causing misfires. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Where is crankshaft position sensor located on 2010 Vw Tiguan 2.0T