Q: Where are the cam sensors located on 2009 Nissan Maxima vq35de engine? 2009 Nissan Maxima

asked by on February 25, 2017

Need to replace cam sensors but can't find

Hello - the cam position sensors for this engine (2) are each located near the passenger side end of the cylinder head for each cylinder bank. The engine cover must be removed to access them, and the factory sensors have green plastic connectors, making them a bit easier to spot. For assistance, I recommend a camshaft position sensor replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, replace these sensors, and get you back on your way.