Q: when it gets a little warm it starts missing and cutting out. It wont start back until it cools off

when it gets a little warm it starts missing and cutting out. It wont start back until it cools off

Hello, and thank you for writing in. When the vehicle develops issues related to the temperature of the engine, the first thing to do is see if it is overheating. To do this, you will need to external tool to measure engine temperature (typically a infrared thermometer). If the engine is regulating temperature like it should be, and the reading on your dashboard is accurate, then you may have a more difficult electrical issue. If the temperature of the engine is not being regulated correctly, you likely have an issue with the cooling system. Start by checking the level of your coolant. If it is full, you have an issue with the thermostat or the water pump. If the coolant is low, then there is likely a leak somewhere, and you will want to focus your attention there first. This can be a hard issue to diagnose, and only further inspection will tell. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. when it gets a little warm it starts missing and cutting out. It wont start back until it cools off