Q: Blower motor

Whenever I turn to the left the front passenger side makes a rubbing noise and the a.c. stops blowing until the steering wheel is straight again

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a pinched wire or something causing the AC blower motor to quit working as you turn the wheel. This may also be related to an intermittently working or faulty blower motor relay. Occasionally, the blower motor itself will wear out or become faulty working intermittently as the brush contacts inside the motor wear out. The blower motor relay supplies power to this motor when you turn the switch to "on" that can sometimes fail. When this happens, you may notice that you will not feel anything blowing out of the vents at all. This may also cause the blower motor to work intermittently. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s blower motor system.