Q: Dies when put in gear

Im parked up and when i turn the car on it idles but as soon as i got to put it in gear or reverse it shuts off. Please help me. I makes kind of a tugging noise

Your vehicle has something called a neutral safety switch that will prevent the vehicle from starting when it is in any gear position other than park or neutral. Occasionally, this switch can malfunction causing the car to stall as soon as you put it into any gear. This switch usually also monitors gear selection data as well to transmit back to the computer. This switch is connected to the starter solenoid which allows it to complete the starter circuit only when the transmission is in park or neutral. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Dies when put in gear