Q: When jump-starting, there is a clicking noise

When I start my car, there is a clicking noise. A friend and I tried jump starting it and it did sound like it was ‘trying’ to start, but wouldn’t start all the way. The window lights in the car do work. We’re assuming it’s the battery since it was ‘trying’ to start when we jump started it, but when we took the jumper cables off, it went back to the clicking noise. What does all this mean and what can we do to get it to start?

The first step would be to have the battery and cables tested to see if they are in need of replacement. If the vehicle is not supplying enough voltage, then the vehicle will not start. The battery may supply enough to power a couple of lights, but the starter and computer systems need full battery power to work correctly. Have a mechanic come and check the battery and starting systems for you and then go from there.